Hawk Slot Strip - 75mm Wide - By the Meter
This product is Slot Strip which is 75mm wide and is available to purchase by the meter. Don't forget to buy some Thixofix contact adhesive to secure the slot strip in place.
If you would like 5 meters of this slot strip then please purchase 5 items and you will get a continuous length that you can cut as needed.
Slot Strip by Hawk is a specially formulated laminate of Polyester film and Dacron sailcloth.
Slot strip has very special characteristics of rigidity, flexibility and tear resistance making it a perfect film to cover your centreboard/daggerboard slot to keep water out but allow your centreboard/daggerboard to pass through it.
Slot Strip can also be used as transom flaps on Racing Dinghies and Rudder/keel fairings on Yachts.
When fitting slot strip you will need to decide whether to fit 1 complete piece covering the whole slot and cut a centre slit down the middle for the centreboard/daggerboard to emerge, or whether you want 2 separate strips (1 on either side) that overlap by about 1cm.
Most boat builder will fit the Slot Strip from new with epoxy or Sikoflex compounds. Hawk Marine Products recommend that for DIY replacements you use a contact adhesive.
Slot Strip Fitting Instructions
- Firstly remove all traces of the old gasket and associated glue. This is best achieved using a sharp 1” chisel.
- Place masking tape or similar around the centreboard slot to ensure there is no glue spillage on the hull of your boat.
- Ensure the surface of the hull that is to be glued is dry and free from dust.
- Wait til both surfaces are touch dry. Un-pin the Slotstrip and attach one end to the boat.
- Apply plenty of pressure and work slowly to the other end and push the Slotstrip firmly into place.
- When you are happy it is properly in place, go over it with a small roller ensuring there is good contact over the whole area.
- Apply tape to the edges to ensure it stays down firmly while it dries.
- Leave for 12 hours to cure before removing the tape.
If using 2 separate strips (one on either side) omit instructions 6 and 7 above.
Delivery and Costs
We try to treat delivery as a pass through cost and keep the cost to you as low as possible, on top of our already competitive product prices.
We offer free UK standard delivery for orders over £50, this does exclude boats, trolleys, masts, booms and large items which can't be sent via standard mail.
Any order placed by midday will leave us the same day unless there is a lead time which we detail on the product page.
UK 2nd Class Small Packet - £3.99
UK 1st Class Small Packet - £4.50
UK 1st Class Small Packet - Over 1KG - £5.99
DPD Next Day Courier - £8.99
Courier - Long Items - Masts, Booms Etc - £40
Close to England - £10
We are not currently shipping further afield due to customs charges and the cost of shipping, this will be reviewed soon.
Frequenty Asked Questions
What is the quantity for ropes?
The quantity is meters. If you order 5 items you will receive one 5 meter continuous length of that specific rope.
How do I claim my first order discount?
Simply sign up to our newsletter and we'll send your unique first order discount code.
Do you ship to other locations?
We are always happy to provide you with a quote for shipping, simply drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the items you are planning on ordering and your address.
Who are Sailing Chandlery?
We're a team of sailors who are passionate about keeping you sailing and providing an excellent service first time. Find out more.
I have another question?
You can call the team on 07793 953564 or email us email@example.com