Summer is coming (apparently) and now is the time to consider a new summer wetsuit which is going to allow you the versatility of dealing with the weird and wonderful set of conditions we get served in Britain.
In this post we're going to take a look at the Zhik Microfleece skiff suit which is available for men and women and in two different variations, the X and V.
Zhik first bought their Microfleece wetsuit to the market a good few years ago and ever since it's been one of the most popular wetsuits for hardened dinghy sailors. It's only 1mm thick but the wetsuit technologies and materials included mean it can be used between Spring and Autumn quite comfortably.
With the Microfleece, as with Zhik's other sailing wetsuits, you can choose between an X and V model.
X comes with more features and better technology, designed for the championship sailor. V comes with less features and is perfect for the club racer.
Microfleece V Key Features
- Targeted super stretch paneling for optimum fit
- Enhanced Shoulder Stretch
- Superior abrasion resistant Zhiktex IITM rear and knee panels
- Inbuilt knee pads
- 3D Body mapped fit
- Flatlocked seams
Microfleece X Key Features
- 1MM NEOPRENE INSULATION - Throughout with Nylon outer lining
- 4-WAY SUPER STRETCH - Neoprene & construction for maximum flexibility
- ZHIKTEX™ II SUPERIOR ABRASION RESISTANCE - Panels in the rear & knees provides super durability in high wear areas
- 3D BODY MAPPED FIT - Means you will get the most comfortable fit
- FAST DRYING HYDROBASE® INNER - Our advanced fast drying inner wicks moisture and is super soft
- ZIBAND® LEG & WRIST SEALS (in the top) - Silicone banding creates a tight seal to avoid flushes of water
- WATERPROOF LOO RIP - Provides patented easy access relief
- EASY ACCESS SIDE LEG POCKET - Let's you securely stow any small items in a low profile pocket
- HIGH STRETCH FLATLOCK STITCHING - That is strong and non-itch
Why a Microfleece wetsuit?
- Allows you to move
- Can be combined with other sailing kit to layer accordingly to the conditions
- Quality product
- The ultimate protection for those wear areas
- Additional features such as the 'loo rip'
Got questions about the Zhik Microfleece sailing wetsuits?
We're always happy to answer questions, we wear the kit and test it all ourselves so can provide you with honest feedback.