Duralac - Anti-Corrosive Jointing Compound 115ml
Duralac is a highly effective jointing compound which prevents electrolytic corrosion between dissimilar metals.
This comes in a 115ml tube.
- Mast fittings
- Rivets etc.
Uses for Duralac
- Between aluminium alloy plates, extrusions and bolts or rivets used in building applications.
- General engineering applications where dissimilar contact cannot be avoided.
- Vehicle building where aluminum alloy contacts steel
- Marine application where corrosion is accelerated by brine concentration
- In close proximity to the sea where a salt laden atmosphere will meet with structures an set up electrolytic cells
- Aerospace where rivets/bolts are secured into aluminium plates
Duralac is supplied ready for use and must not be thinned. It is best applied by brush.
When Duralac is applied to metal or other surfaces the volatile solvent evaporates and the compound sets to the touch, but remains tacky for a considerable period. It is important that the joint should be closed while Duralac is still tacky to ensure that it will flow sufficiently under pressure to close the gaps in the joint.
It will harden somewhat if a thin film is left exposed to the atmosphere for a long period and this will prevent the making of a close joint.
Duralac has low solubility in water and will not erode with time, even when subjected to high pressure from considerable water flow. Duralac enjoys excellent adhesion properties to most substrates and because of its tough flexible composition, has very low water absorption. Duralac has a two year shelf life from the date of despatch when stored below 20°C. Once opened the remaining Duralac will form a skin.
Once you place an order we aim to dispatch your products within 24 hours across working days.
There are four delivery options available:
- Royal Mail 1st Class - 1-2 day days from dispatch (UK Only)
- Royal Mail 2nd Class - 2-3 days from dispatch (UK Only)
- Europe - 5-10 days from dispatch
- World Wide - 10-20 days from dispatch
Items of larger value will have an increased cost. Larger items over 2kg such as 100m reels will be delivered by next day courier. If delivered by courier a signature may be required. We aim to keep our delivery charges to a minimum.
If you need your order sooner please call us on 07793 953564 and we'll do our best to speed up your order by using a courier.
If you don't see your location available in the shipping options then please either call or email us for a quotation.
If you wish to return items for a refund you must do so within 14 days of receiving the goods. Returned goods must be unused and in the same condition they left Dinghy Rope in, this includes the original packaging.
We ask customers who are returning goods to pay the postage back to us. If you would like us to replace clothing items with another size then we will ship the replacement for no charge. If you've ordered incorrectly on other items then we may ask you to pay the postage.
If you return an item because it was faulty when it was delivered, we will refund your postage costs for returning it to us. We may require proof that the item was signed for as damaged on arrival.
Please check with us before returning any goods as we will only refund the basic postage charge.
Goods that have been ordered incorrectly and are returned for a refund maybe subject to a restocking charge, this is due to a loss in sales cost for us when trying to sell on short lengths of rope for example.
Restocking charges for ropes are as follows:
- Length less than 10m - 0% of value refunded
- Between 11m and 15m - 25% of value refunded
- Between 16m and 20m - 50% of value refunded
- 21m - 30m - 75% of value refunded
- 31m - 99m - 80% of value refunded
- Over 100m - 60% of value refunded
- Mini spools - 75% of value refunded
Please send returns to:
82 Richmond Avenue